• Last year, Stuttgart came third in Champions League Pool D, after beating Lokomotiv Kaliningrad and Dinamo Moscow once
• Stuttgart captain Krystal Rivers had 40 points in the second meeting with Eczacibasi Istanbul
• It is Stuttgart’s fourth attendance in the CEV-Cup after 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017
• Biggest achievement in international club volley: quarterfinal Champions League 2019/2020 against Imoco Volley Conegliano
• Stuttgart came second in last year’s „VBL“-campaign after dropping to Dresden in a 2:3-series
• The club hast just qualified for the German cup final
• Stuttgart has won its first and only German title 2019 against Schwerin
• Setter Hannah Kohn (2003), libera Lena Grundt (2004) and Outside hitter Helena Dornheim (2004) are one of the youngest players in the „VBL“ and the CEV-Cup
• Krystal Rivers and Roosa Koskelo (both since 2018) are the longest serving players for Allianz MTV Stuttgart
• The club just has added US-outside hitter T’ara Ceasar from the Florida Gators to the line-up
• Allianz MTV Stuttgart reached the quarterfinal with a 4:1-win against the Italian club Busto Arsizio in the second leg, after suffering a 0:3 in the first match – in the deciding golden set in Stuttgart, Allianz MTV came out on top 16:14
• In the semis, the clashed league-rivals Schwerin (3:1) but just in one match because the first game was cancelled (Schwerin with Covid issues)
• The last league match of the hosts was a nail-biter at Suhl where they came down from a 0:2-deficit
• Allianz MTV Stuttgart has won the DVV-Cup on Sunday at Wiesbaden with a convincing 3:0-win over former german champion Dresden
• Tore Aleksandersen and Faruk Feray are former coaches of Turkish side Nilüfer
• Allianz MTV is still unbeaten in the league
- All Time
Team of Allianz MTV STUTTGART
Perfect block from Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
Celebration of Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
Amazing block by Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
Pure celebration by Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
Celebration by Allianz MTV STUTTGART
Tijana Bošković preparing for a perfect serve
Crazy fans in SCHARRena STUTTGART
Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL when they realise they are the #CEVCupW champions
Photos featured on the CEV Photo Galleries are downloadable copyright free for media purposes only and only if CEV is credited as the source material. They are protected by copyright for all other commercial purposes. Those wishing to use CEV Photo Gallery photos for other commercial purposes should contact email@example.com
Allianz MTV STUTTGART v Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
In the match for the #CEVCupW title, Eczacibasi Dynavit Istanbul was crowned champion! The last time that they held up this trophy was back in 2018 and now, four years later, it is again in their hands. The Tigers were in a better position when going into this match than Allianz MTV Stuttgart. Eczacibasi already won 3:1 in the home match and needed to win two sets in this match which they easily managed.
Excitement, happiness, and pride. That is what players from Eczacibasi Dynavit Istanbul felt once they've realized that they are this year's #CEVCupW champions. It all happened very quickly as they won the first two sets and they all started celebrating. But, let's start from the beginning.
The first set started in favor of Stuttgart who had a 3-0 lead over Eczacibasi. Turkish team got in their first lead in the middle of the set (13-14) but Stuttgart then stopped. Their coach, Tore Aleksandersen, called a time-out and told them that they look as if they are paralyzed on the field. "Move your feet", were his words. But, it didn't help. He called for another time-out: "We're sleeping, all the time!" By that time Eczacibasi got in a very nice lead (14-19) and them winning this set was inevitable.
The following set started off similar to the first one. Stuttgart had a small lead but, again, in the middle of the set Eczacibasi got back. Pretty soon the Tigers stopped (14-19) and it seemed like they've lost energy to win this set. But, they came back and won it by 21-25 which, at that moment, meant that they are #CEVCupW champions! The whole team started running into the field and started with the early celebration but the game wasn't over just yet.
It may seem like Stuttgart would lose their will for the third set but they were in the absolute lead up until the middle of the match (13-8). Eczacibasi got back up again and Tore Aleksandersen was forced to call another time-out. "It's not over", was his message. And it wasn't. Stuttgart got back up completely and managed to win the third set (25-18).
The last set was a cat-and-mouse game between teams as Stuttgart had nothing to lose anymore and Eczacibasi wanted to score this match with a win. Which they did (24:26) and once it was over everybody ran into the field one more time.
MVP of the match was Maja Ognjenović with four winning spikes but it is worth saying that throughout this whole tournament Tijana Bošković scored 170 points and she is the top scorer for Eczacibasi.
"It was a really tough match. We know Stuttgart from the past, so we had to bring everything to the game. Some points of the match were very critical. We are just happy to bring home the cup. Now we focus on the next steps of the season and hope to win some more."
"I am just really proud of how we played. Eczacibasi is a great team. But the fact that we won two medals in one week says a lot. We would have liked to win tonight but I think we made a really good job. The crowd here was amazing. We all had each others backs from the first minute. I am very proud of everybody."
The match in numbers
The combined total number of points scored by both teams throughout the entire match.
The total length of the match, from the first serve through until the last point has ended.
Total number of people in attendance at the venue – taken at the end of the second set.
The combined total number of successful spikes achieved by both teams throughout the entire match.
An average of the two team service reception percentages from the complete match.
The number of successful point winning blocks of Allianz MTV STUTTGART compared to Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL.
Allianz MTV STUTTGART number of service aces compared to Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
Errors leading to points of Allianz MTV STUTTGART, next to those from Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL