- All Time
CSM Volei Alba BLAJ
Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL team huddle
Photos featured on the CEV Photo Galleries are downloadable copyright free for media purposes only and only if CEV is credited as the source material. They are protected by copyright for all other commercial purposes. Those wishing to use CEV Photo Gallery photos for other commercial purposes should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL closer to the final
Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL are now one step closer to the finals of #CEVCupW as they outclassed in three sets the team of CSM Volei Alba BLAJ.
- Although Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL entered the court as heavy favourites in this match, the hosts from CSM Volei Alba BLAJ showed great motivation right after the first referee whiste. The Turkish team tried several times to take the leadership position, but the Romanians would always chase them, getting closer, and delivering a rather equal performance (7 to 8 attacks at 13-10). However, the more experienced players of Eczacibasi took things in their hands in the deciding moments and so, the guests opened in their favour. Mc Kenzie Adams and Tijana Boskovic were the teamleaders in these moments (with six and five points respectively), while for the hosts Olga Strantzali was doing good, with five points to her name.
- The guests started slightly better in the second set, but Victoriia Russu and Olga Strantzali turned things around as Alba Blaj took the lead at 13-11. However, with Hande Baladin on the serve, and with some powerful attacks by Tijana Boskovic, the Turkish team came back to eventually close this set in their favour as well. As many as four kill blocks and three aces turned out to be crucial for Eczacibasi in this set.
- Confident in their power, Ecacibasi did not face any problems in the third set and closed the match in three sets. Legendary Serbian setter Maja Ognjenovic was named MVP of the game.
- Boskovic topped the charts with as many as 23 points to her name. Hande Baladin added 12 (five kill blocks). For Alba Blaj, Russu scored 12 times as well.
- Overall, Eczacibasi finished better on all counts - 51 to 43 winning spikes (52% efficiency), recorded as many as 13 kill blocks (to six) and aced three times (to one).
The match in numbers
The combined total number of points scored by both teams throughout the entire match.
The total length of the match, from the first serve through until the last point has ended.
Total number of people in attendance at the venue – taken at the end of the second set.
The combined total number of successful spikes achieved by both teams throughout the entire match.
An average of the two team service reception percentages from the complete match.
The number of successful point winning blocks of CSM Volei Alba BLAJ compared to Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL.
CSM Volei Alba BLAJ number of service aces compared to Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL
Errors leading to points of CSM Volei Alba BLAJ, next to those from Eczacibasi Dynavit ISTANBUL